Dave Green Energy Services

Minimum Energy Ratings from 2018

The Dept for Energy and Climate Change have confimed that "From 1 April 2018, private domestic and non-domestic landlords will need to ensure that their properties reach at least an E Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating, or have installed those improvements that could be funded using available finance or subsidies available to pay for them, before granting a tenancy to new or existing tenants"

We can provide MEES reports for each rented property showing;

- what the current rating is, 

- the easiest ways to get the property to an E rating,

- plus ideas for further action,

- the savings that these measures should produce,

- details of any funding available,

-and how to claim exemption from the regulations if the measures are too costly or are unadvisable for the property. 

It is still not clear what the domestic criteria for claiming an exemption will be but  for Non Domestic properties only measures with a seven year payback or less will be required.   The non domestic guidance can be found here 


These requirements will then apply to all private rented properties, including occupied properties - from April 2020 in the domestic sector and from April 2023 in the non-domestic sector.

‚ÄčIf you are unsure how this requirement will affect you or want to discuss our tailored MEES service, then do get in touch.

Make a Free Website with Yola.